Blog Section

Two Basic Coverages To Protect Your New Truck

Two Basic Coverages To Protect Your New Truck
There are many coverages that go into creating a complete insurance policy for a trucking business. Some of these cover activities that take place on your business’ premises while others cover the goods that you will be transporting. As you build out your new policy, here are two coverages that are specifically designed to cover your truck that you should plan to include in your policy.

Truck Liability Insurance

Truck liability insurance protects you in case you involved in an accident in your truck and you’re at fault. Like personal auto coverages, your policy would cover the cost to repair or replace the third party’s property and cover any related medical expenses. Because of the high amount of risks associated with driving a truck, this will be the most expensive part of your policy.

Physical Damage Truck Insurance

Physical damage truck insurance is first-party coverage that’s there to cover your truck and trailer equipment in case they become damaged. You can choose to carry coverage for specific events or go with comprehensive coverage which is likely to be more expensive. With the number of ways your truck can get damaged being virtually limitless, it’s recommended that you go with comprehensive coverage to eliminate the risk of a claim getting denied. Of course, your policy will need to include various other coverages in order to keep your business and investment protected. Working with an experienced commercial truck insurance agent will ensure that your policy contains the appropriate levels of coverage.